Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Patti D'Beck's adventure in New Orleans

Patti just returned from the New Orleans Senior Theatre USA and she spread her energy to scores of seniors with dance every morning at 8:30 resulting in this great Dance Flash Mob that they are still talking about in The Big Easy.



She was good enough to share this video and a couple of great letters:




THANK YOU!!!
Patti,  the conference was wonderful because you were wonderful.  You quickly became the darling of the festival.  My Dean referred to your Flash Mob Dance as being so inspirational to all involved.  Board of Directors, Dr. Joy Reilly from Ohio State University joined your group and found herself stretching and moving in ways that she didn’t think possible.  When I would pass your room and saw you in action, all I could do is smile thinking “right on.”   Senior Theatre USA definitely needs your insight, so rest assured that we’ll continue to be in touch.  Even though the New Orleans Senior Theatre USA will be the one to remember for a long time, I’m already focused on Senior Theatre USA 2014.  I welcome your advice and support.
Again I thank you   -  Arne, President of Senior Theatre USA. 


A THOUSAND THANKS!!!
Patti, I have been attending or managing senior theatre festivals for ten years, and without a single doubt, I would say that your "flash mob celebration" was the most successful offering I have ever seen.  Everyone was raving, smiling, enjoying the heck out of it.  And I cannot tell you how many people came up to me to tell me what an excellent teacher you are.  Most choreographers are more performance than teaching oriented.  People adored you for your enthusiasm, patience and ability to stir things up.  Thank you so very, very much for your work with the New Orleans festival.  I very much hope you will participate in the 2014 festival, perhaps in an even larger capacity.  You bring such "spirit" to all you do.  What a gem of an offering.  Thank you....

Dolores
Vice President, Senior Theatre Association

We get to enjoy Patti's exuberance every day - I'm glad we had a chance to share the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment