Wednesday, February 29, 2012

SETC Looms - Are YOU Ready?

Me. Not so much.

The Bloginator could use your assistance.
Your brilliance.
Your enthusiasm.
Your words.

Current students or alumni - take 5 minutes and give me a few words about your journey here at Theatre VCU.

AS SOON AS YOU ARE ABLE - please write a few lines about your experience as a theatre student. How have your grown?
What have you discovered?
What has been exciting?
What has been challenging?

I am creating a promotional piece about the program and I want to feature YOU.
The dream is to knock this together THIS WEEK and have it at SETC. (this inspiration hit me while limping to work this morning.)

Email the blogster at gmbrannan@vcu.edu with a sentence or two. Send me a headshot, if you can. What year are you (did you) graduating?
5 minutes - two sentences - that's all we need. 

Thank you for your help! 

ps - if you help the bloginator - promise the next blog will be nothing but bragging!!

pps - there's a grand bakesale planned for next Tuesday March 7 to support our Magnificent Masked Ball 2012. Bring a buck to support your favorite ball.

2 comments:

  1. I never really painted before I came to VCU, now its the only thing I ever want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two sentences is not enough to sum up my Theatre VCU experience, so here it goes:
    After 2 years of community college and a period between those touring with Up With People, I decided to go to VCU to take Art Foundation. At the end of the year, I had to make a choice of focus and was stuck between Furniture Design and Scenic Design. I met with Ron Keller and the next Fall I was enrolled in Theatre VCU. My first semester, I took Stagecraft with Lou Szari in the Scene Shop. To some degree, I never left the shop (as I tell people), because I have worked in Technical Theatre and related fields since graduating in 1994. In addition to carpentry and welding, I am pretty proficent in soft goods construction, which was all due to Costume Construction with Liz Hopper. I would not be who I am and were I am without "The Tribunal", as they were fondly referenced between me and my peers at Theatre VCU.
    As an educator, I do what I can to offer students what Liz, Lou, Ron and the rest of the faculty and the program gave me.

    ReplyDelete