Friday, November 5, 2010

There are never enough thank yous!!

A note received this morning by this Bloginator from a high school senior who toured the department, and who also attended VTA. Knowing how hard everyone is working this week - this letter is for you guys.

I may have been the tour guide... but it was our amazing students who showed this student their warmth and commitment. Thank you, she's right, you know...

Thank you so much for the warmth and welcome you gave me when I came to tour VCU.  What VCU has to offer theatre students is amazing of course, but the impact of having you take your time out to show me around, and introduce me to other students is what made me feel like this is my home.

It was a wonderful example of a warm home within a large, urban environment.  When I went to meet with you, I had a list of 7 schools I was interested in.  Having met with you, and then Lorri at VTA, I know there is no other place for me.  This is where I want to be.

I will be working hard on my monologue, and then auditioning in Dec.  If there are any good words you can put in for me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you again for your time on a day when you were very busy and had deadlines to meet.  And thank you so much for introducing me to the students and staff in the department.

No comments:

Post a Comment