Friday, October 22, 2010

The birth of a costume, from drawing to first fitting....

It all starts with Joh Quinn's delicious watercolors. This is Cecile, the innocent virgin.

Undergrad Elizabeth (Bizzy) Ensminger, and grad student/designer Josh Quinn look on as Neno Russell (costume shop supervisor), and our innocent Cecile (Jai Goodman) has her petticoat fitted. Can you breath Jai?

Now the taffeta skirt and underskirt.

And the critical fit of the bodice. Take out here, tighten up there. Jai is a confection of pink taffeta. This blogger will post the finished costume as soon as the last hem is sewn.

Josh also shared the first wigs.... and these are just for the servants.
I had to laugh as I shot the fitting wearing my most comfortable jeans, clogs and my hair? Don't ask.

Josh's design of Valmont's traveling coat. The costume is on a form in the shop. Absolutely stunning. Makes me want to run away and join the costume shop circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment